Prior to commencement of your vinyl decking installation please consult your local building code to ensure that you are following the correct installation regulations for your area.
Home-Rail has fully trained installation crews that have completed our intensive training program and are fully qualified to install vinyl decking on your new sundeck of patio surface.
Home-Rail also offers its customers an D-I-Y option for vinyl decking. Which means that you can buy the vinyl decking and all of the required materials from Home-Rail and install it yourself. This would include completing the prepping, flashing, sanding, gluing & welding the vinyl decking seams. Below is a specification checklist to help with your D-I-Y installation.
- 3/4" inches or 5/8" inches (T+G) "Select Grade Fir" plywood or better to be installed on the deck surface.
- Do not use - OSB - or pressure treated plywood on the deck surface.
- Glue plywood with construction adhesive
- Fasten plywood with screws and set heads flush with the plywood
- The deck slope should be a minimum of 1" inch over 8 ft away from the structure to provide for proper drainage.
- Flashing to be installed around the perimeter of the deck
- Vinyl decking should be installed before the exterior finish up the exterior wall behind the construction paper a minimum of 3-6" inches.
- Door sills must be set up 3" inches off the deck surface.
- Stair treads must be clad with plywood.
- Vinyl decking material seams or overlaps may run parallel or perpendicular to the structural wall of the house.
- A 1" inch overlap for every seam to be used on the deck surface.
- For every 100 square feet of vinyl decking you will require approximately 1 gallon of adhesive.
Please see our D-I-Y video for installing vinyl decking under the D-I-Y Installation Videos.